Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Scott Pllgrim vs the World

Scott Pilgrim vs the World was a movie that I knew nothing really about except that it was a comic book.  The first 20 minutes there were lots of video game references along with video game music and the movie really played out like a video game.  It did get weird at some points, like when on of the actors started singing during a fight scene.

Scott Pilgrim vs the World is about Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera) falling in love with a trendy girl named Romana Flowers (Mary Elizabeth Winstead). Other characters throughout the movie are Scott's bandmates, Knives (Scott's ex-grilfriend) and Romana's seven ex's.  When Scott falls in love with Romana he has to defeat her seven ex's. These battles include fights on a movie set involving a highly known actor to a band competetion.  After he defeats an ex that plays out much like a game of Tekken, the ex "dies" and turns into a bunch of coins.

This movie is a lot different from what anyone has ever seen and is a great and entertaining hour and fifty minutes.  I highly recommend this movie and don't let the first weird moments of the movie turn you away because they flow throughout the movie nicely.





2 comments:

Amara Nyx said...

Still have yet to see this movie, but I'll catch up. haha. I have always been interested to watching it, but my boyfriend isn't as interested as I am. So, I have to wait until the opportune moment.

james i love football mccall said...

i waiting to check it out. i wanted to hear what sumone else thought about it.

Post a Comment