Thursday, September 23, 2010

After my favorite television show went off the air after six years, I was truly LOST with out it.  (terrible pun, I know) I almost felt like the guy that wrote this Facebook update.


So, this fall I was looking for a new show to get hooked on.  After all the hype about a show that people said (and by people, I mean the advertising agencies) was a mix between 24 and LOST, I was finally convinced to sit down and watch it.  The show is called "The Event" and it's about the mysteries surrounding certain characters who ranged from the President of the United States, to a person who has lost their memory and his, what was suppose to be, his fiance, to a mysterious group of people that were captured by the CIA. Since I've been able to digest all of what happened, (I'll spare you and I won't try to explain the plot) it is an entertaining show and that is the reason I watch television is to be entertained.  A couple days later, I've seen commercials for the show and they are pushing the "mystery" of the show a little too much for my taste. I don't like how the advertisements are trying to get the LOST crowd in that way.  But who knows, it probably worked since I watched it :)  Anyway, besides my disprovable with how the advertisements are handled, I really enjoyed the show and would like to see it get a solid fan base so it will stay on the air. (and hopefully the show turns out to be good!)

2 comments:

sammendolea said...

I'm not big on normal TV shows but one that I sometimes follow is Breaking Bad. It's a show the follows the life of a high school science teacher as he struggles to pay for treatment for his lung cancer by doing illegal things while hiding his activities from his family. It's an intense drama to say the least.

A drama that I follow tightly is Dexter on ShowTime. The headline of that show is America's Favorite Serial Killer.

james i love football mccall said...

I jussat down and watch THe event and i liked it alot. If I'm not mistaking the people that made 24( the best show ever) is involved with the event. If comes on at a bad time for me because it come on when MNF is on and I love Football. But I do have dvr.

Post a Comment